Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Z and the Cancer Meanie by Hillary St.Pierre-Ford

Z and the Cancer Meanie

Synopsis:
Z is fun and friendly. He loves to spend time with his mom, his dad, and his friends. But Z's mom is sick. She has cancer. And Cancer is a Big Meanie! 

Come and meet Z and learn more about cancer- what it is, what it does, and how to still have fun.

My thoughts:
When I first heard about this book back in January, I was heartbroken to know that the author was struggling herself. Unfortunately she lost her battle with cancer, so now this book is her legacy. Please support her cause by purchasing this book :) 

I really enjoyed this children's book. What a great way to introduce your younger children to cancer! I loved all of the suggestions for what to do when you can't spend time with a loved one and thought that the resources at the end of the book were great! I would recommend this book to anyone who has (or had) a family member with cancer. It's a great reminder of how the little things really do count :)



You can purchase this book here:

You can link up with the Illustrator here:

No comments:

Post a Comment